400g Skirt Steak
1 pack Bart Ingredients Smokey Chipotle rub
6 Bart Ingredients cloves
¼tsp chilli flakes
2 x 390g tinned black beans, drained
8 corn tacos
Sour cream and coriander to serve
- The night before put the steak into the marinade bag, reserve 1tsp of the Bart Ingredients Chipotle rub and put the rest in with the steak, 2tsp of oil and the juice of ½ the lime. Give the bag a good shake to coat the meat and leave in the fridge to marinade overnight. Slice 6 of the shallots very finely, put in a bowl and squeeze over the juice of the remaining lime, the cloves and chilli, cover and leave in the fridge to marinade too.
- The next day, take the steak and shallots out of the fridge to come up to room temperature. Heat the oven to 200C/ 180C fan. Heat a frying pan or griddle to hot and cook the steak on each side for 3-4 minutes for medium/rare, cook longer if it suits your taste. Once cooked set aside to rest.
- While the steak is cooking, finely dice the remaining shallots, heat the remaining oil in a saucepan and gently cook the shallots for 3-4 minutes. Tip the beans into the pan along with the reserved seasoning and heat through. Once the beans are warm remove from the heat and mash with a fork, taste and season.
- Lay the tacos on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven for 6-7 minutes until they are crisp. Take them out of the oven and keep warm.
- To construct the tostadas, spread the tacos with beans, slice the steak and lay some pieces on top then finish with the shallot salsa, sour cream and coriander.
Recipe taken from ukshallot.com