Laura Santtini, the London-based restauranteur, author and food entrepreneur, shares her recipe for a healthy and delicious Pasta al Limone, taken from her new book Pasta Secrets – perfect for a laidback summer supper.
‘A popular choice on the terrace at my restaurant, Santini, during the summer months,’ says Laura of this dish.
- 120g butter
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- freshly squeezed juice of 1½ lemons
- 200g dried pasta or 160g fresh pasta
- a handful of basil leaves, roughly torn
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crumbled goat’s cheese, to serve
1. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
2. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, heat the butter, lemon zest and lemon juice in a heavy-bottomed pan. When the butter begins to froth, remove the pan from the heat. Do not allow the butter to burn.
3. When the salted water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
4. Drain the pasta, but keep a cup of the cooking water. Tip the hot, drained pasta into the lemony
butter, add the torn basil leaves and a splash of the retained cooking water (about 60ml). Toss with gusto over a high heat until the pasta looks creamy and well coated.
5. Season to taste, top with crumbled goat’s cheese and serve immediately with extra freshly ground black pepper.
TASTY TOPPER Toasted pine nuts