This month, Paulo de Tarso and Nicolas Jaouën opened the doors to their new Italian restaurant Margot in Covent Garden. The menu revolves around classic Italian cuisine with a focus on quality, seasonal ingredients and draws inspiration from Italy’s diverse regions. Here we have one of their classic pasta dishes you can try at home..
*400gr. of linguine
*60gr. Parma Ham cut into strips
*1 red onion finely chopped
*1 clove of garlic finely chopped
*12 asparagus peeled and sliced 2cm. thick
*75 ml. extra virgin olive oil (EVO)
*200 ml. water
*50 gr. grated Parmigiano Reggiano
*6 basil leaves
*Salt and black pepper
- Fry 50ml of extra virgin olive oil with the onions and the garlic in a large sautéed pan on a medium heat.
- Add the ham and cook it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the asparagus and let it cook for about 5 minutes stirring the sauce with a wooden spoon now and then.
- Add the water, adjust with salt and black pepper, let it cook for another 5 minutes then turn the heat off.
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and toss it together with the asparagus sauce, the basil, the rest of EVO and the Parmigiano Reggiano in a large salad bowl.
- Serve it in a pasta bowl with extra grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top.