As the cooler temperatures kick in and the nights grow longer what we’re all really craving is tasty, homemade comfort food – Milly Cookbook AKA the fad free foodie has shared her ultimate autumn recipe.
* 6 good quality sausages
* 1 tbsp. of olive oil
* 100g of streaky pancetta cut into 1 cm slices
* 1 large leek, cut into disc
*1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 heaped tbsp. of plain flour
* 275ml of dry cider
* Salt and Pepper
* A few fresh sprigs of thyme
* A knob of butter
* Preheat the oven to 180C.
*Unravel the sausages and squeeze the meat into one long sausage. Wind the sausage up into a coil and secure with cocktail sticks. Cook in the oven for 35-50 minutes.
*In a heavy based pan heat the olive oil and fry the leeks and garlic until soft. Add the pancetta and cook until crispy. Stir in the flour and then add the cider. Season with salt and pepper then bring to a boil and once boiling turn down to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
* Once the gravy has thickened but still glossy, add in a knob of butter and scatter in the fresh thyme. Serve with the sausage wheel and some mashed potato on the side.
Recipe by Nicola Millbank AKA Milly Cookbook. Milly’s debut book, Milly’s Real Food £20 published by Harper Collins on 4th May 2017, For more information and additional recipes see: millycookbook.com