Job Title: Senior Designer (Freelance)
Reporting to: The Editor
Who We Are
edition (previously Exclusive) is a monthly luxury lifestyle magazine with 28 regional titles across London, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Surrey and Essex.
Our stylish editorial always has a local flavour and covers high-end Property, Interiors, Culture, Fashion & Beauty, Travel, Food, Motoring and Gardens.
Our seasonal supplements also showcase feature themes such as Education and Weddings throughout the year.
The edition portfolio has a monthly readership of over 560,000. The magazine is distributed to affluent AB1 homes, worth over a million pounds.
Our distribution partners include estate agencies, hotels, gyms, health spas, restaurants, bars and Waitrose stores across the region. Exclusive has a loyal readership, who actively seek out the titles every month. Research also has shown that the magazine has a long shelf life, with readers keeping issues for several months.
We are seeking a talented and inspiring senior designer to join our Editorial team. This role will report directly into the Editor. You will be responsible for designing the magazine lay-out each month as well as extra projects including media packs as required. You will also be tasked with ensuring edition magazine editorial and advertising content is brought to life with original and engaging creatives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work alongside the Editorial and Production teams to design and deliver engaging and original print creative for the monthly magazine.
- Design and produce lay-outs, art-working from templates as well as producing completely original layouts as required, with an ability to enhance and refresh designs as needed.
- Alongside the Design Consultant become a brand guardian by reviewing designs for consistency and on-brand communication.
- Support and assist Editor.
- Thoroughly checking deliverables for retouching and colour correcting.
- Ensure all creative adheres to style guidelines and articulates brand objectives.
- Take part in brainstorming projects and conceptual development based on creative and design direction.
- Stay ahead of trends and new ideas and interpret those into fantastic creative.
- Development of technical skills to stay abreast of software changes.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least four years proven experience in design in glossy women’s and / or luxury lifestyle and interiors magazines.
- Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product.
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines.
- Expert skills in In-Design and Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of typography, colour and layout.
- A flexible attitude to adapt to the business needs month to month.
- Pro-active with an ability to show initiative and flare to constantly improve the quality of the magazine.
- Detail orientated, well organised, team player.
Please ensure that you include work samples or a link to a portfolio website in your application.
To apply, please send an email to: Stella Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org