It’s prime peach season, so elevate an al fresco lunch this weekend with this delicious recipe from healthy food delivery service Mindful Chef.
1 red onion
30g hazelnuts (nuts)
½ red chilli
½ vegetable stock cube
Handful of mint
Sea salt & black pepper
Coconut oil / olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle. Finely slice the mint and finely chop the chilli.
2) Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 500ml boiling water. Rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with the stock, simmer for 15 mins until cooked.
3) Thinly slice the red onion and trim the tenderstem. Add the onion, tenderstem and hazelnuts to a baking tray with a drizzle of ½ tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
4) Slice each peach into 6 segments, removing the stone. Drizzle with ½ tbsp oil.
5) Heat a griddle pan on a medium-high heat and add the peaches. Cook for 3 mins each side until softened and chargrilled.
6) Drain the buckwheat. Stir the mint and chilli into the buckwheat along with the roasted onion and tenderstem. Add half of the juice from the lime, season with black pepper and mix well.
7) Serve the buckwheat on a warm plate and top with the griddled peaches. Scatter over the toasted hazelnuts and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.