This Spring, Creative Director of the Urban Retreat in Harrods, Andrew Barton, has created The Expression Collection; a range of four wearable hairstyles that encapsulate the SS16 catwalk trends. From feminine soft textures and retro elegance, to ’50s glamour and summertime chic, we show you how you can achieve each look at home…
1) First, swell the hair using Keratase Materialiste to add pliable volume. Then use your fingers to blow-dry your hair for a soft texture.
2) Once dry, dramatically part the hair low onto one side into a diagonal parting.
3) Next gently scrape your hair to one side across the forehead and secure into a loose bun at the nape of the neck.
4) Finish with Kerastase Laque Noir Hairspray to fix.
BACK TO THE BEACH
‘ A look that dominated the catwalk, with designers including Anne de Meulemeester and Julien Macdonald both bringing this wet look to life. Back to the Beach is a sexy, fashion obsessed, wearable wet look that brings beach hair glamour to the city streets,’ says Andrew.
1) On dry hair, start to damp the hair with a mix of water mist and Keratase Materialiste for all over thickening and volume.
2) Start to pull the hair back from the face using a wide tooth comb, gently building up texture.
3) Use a hair diffuser on a low setting to set the texture in place.
4) Finish by using the ghd Soft Curl tong to add contrasting texture through the back lengths of your hair.
WILD AT HEART
‘Glamour came to live on the Marques Almeida’s SS16 catwalk. Wild at Heart takes inspiration from the catwalks and is a glamorous, vampy expression of hair as the ultimate accessory with a disco, studio 54 vibe,’ says Andrew.
1) Begin by separating the hair into random sized textures.
2) Using the ghd Classic Curl Tong curl each section and pin, allowing the hair to cool into shape.
3) Once cool, unravel the hair and use your fingertips at the roots to expand the hair, shaking and teasing it into shape.
4) Finish off with Kerastase Fix Fabulous to hold the style in place.
‘Taking inspiration from the Diane Von Fursenberg catwalk, Hang Loose is a gorgeous tousled wave with retro elegance,’ says Andrew.
1) Start by separating the hair into random sized sections ready for curling.
2) Take each section and wrap about the ghd Classic Curl Tong. Once curled, pin the curl to your head to cool. Alternate each section and curl to different degrees for a tousled effect.
3) Use Kerastase Mousse Bouffant Luxurious Volumizing Mouse whilst styling to hold and protect at the same time.
4) To finish, unravel each section of hair and loosely dress to one using your fingers to shape. Use Kerastase Spray A Porter for a tousled, textured look.